Arboricultural Consultant - London or Lewes
Arbeco Limited was established in 2014 as an independent arboricultural and ecological consultancy and has since experienced significant growth. We are passionate about what we do, and our staff enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our ability to influence scheme design for the benefit of biodiversity and we enjoy working closely with our clients’ design teams.
We recently became a part of Temple Group Management (TGM) and now work alongside our sister companies, Temple, The Ecology Consultancy and The Green Infrastructure Consultancy.
We are committed to consistently delivering high-quality work to clients in the private, public and voluntary sectors. Our principal areas of work include arboricultural consultancy, tree surgery, tree constraints plans, habitat creation and ecological mitigation measures on a wide range of projects from major infrastructure projects to single dwellings and barn conversions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in either our London or Lewes offices and will require travel between them. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
The Arboriculturalist will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including
• Undertaking BS 5837 and Tree Condition surveys and reports;
• Fee quote preparation and management of cost control;
• Participate in marketing and developing the Arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients;
• Other projects as required including bat surveys, collection of data, and reporting; and
• Providing support to The Ecology Consultancy management team.
Essential skills and aptitudes
• Have a degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb;
• Minimum 2 years undertaking tree surveys to BS 5837:2012 standards;
• Confident in planning and managing your own portfolio of work;
• Delivering comprehensive Arboricultural reports within tight timeframes to meet the clients’ requirements;
• Strong IT skills including MS Office, General database systems and GIS data collection;
• Have a full clean UK driving licence; and
• Good data & report writing skills.
Desirable skills and aptitudes
• Working knowledge of the planning system in relation to trees & BS 5837: 2012 ‘Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction-Recommendations;
• LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI);
• NPTC CS38 Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue Certificate;
• Ability to undertake aerial tree inspections and bat surveys;
• Ability to produce basic maps and plans using autocad, arcview GIS or similar;
• Timber mensuration and woodland valuation knowledge and experience; and
• Associate Membership of The Arboricultural Association
What do we offer?
• Permanent or c.6 month fixed term
• Starting salary from £22,680 (inclusive of London weighting) based on 40 hrs/week
• 25 days holiday plus public holidays (pro rata for length of service)
• Access to our structured career development programme The Orchard and generous training budget
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Flexible working
• Dog friendly offices
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be received by Friday 22nd March 2019 and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbeco Limited aims to promote equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and clients as is consistent with the company’s Equalities Policy.