Tree and shrub planting on development sites
When a development of a site is taking place, a stipulation from the local planning authority is often that trees and shrubs are planted on site.
If trees are to be lost then new trees are often required to compensate for the loss.
Arbeco has experience for planting native trees and shrubs suitable for ecological mitigation and compensation under the guidance of our in-house ecologists.
Recommended native trees for gardens:
- Field maple Acer campestre.
- Silver birch Betula pendula.
- Hazel Corylus avellana.
- Holly Ilex aquifolium.
- Rowan Sorbus aucuparia.
Recommended native shrub for gardens:
- Hawthorn Crataegus monogyna.
- Blackthorn Prunus spinosa.
- Common dogwood Cornus sanguinea.
- Spindle Euonymus europaeus.
- Field rose Rosa arvensis.
- Dog rose Rosa canina.